Thursday, January 10, 2013

A Morning Mom...just like my mom

I never thought I would be a morning person. Then I had kids. Just like my mom I'm up at the crack of dawn with a cup of coffee in my hands. As a teenager I would curse my mom for vacuuming while I was trying to sleep. Why did she have to do everything so early? Now I am exactly like her.

My wife is the exact opposite, it works well for us as parents. I take the morning shift, singing them the wake up song, making breakfast, finding library books and lost shoes. She takes the evening shift, making sure everyone brushes their teeth, reading bedtime stories ....and I don't know what else. Because by then I'm exhausted and out of patience. :) I'm a morning mama.

This self portrait is of a typical morning activity. We watch the door for the school bus, kids lined up ready to go with back packs on, me checking the clock every few minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment