Another reason I am not in many family photos is well.....I just don't really want to be. I'm not as young as I used to be, or as skinny, or as......well anything. You know how they say you're never as fat as you think you are? My goodness what I wouldn't give to be as "fat" as I thought I was at 23. Ya know? Now not only is time marching on...and marching across my face. It's also marching across my ass. I'm not one of those people who is going to age gracefully. I'm going to complain about it every step of the way. In the shadows of this portrait you can see the beginnings of jowls, that ungraceful saggy thing that happens when your cheeks start sliding off your face. I don't like this aging thing and I've discovered that I really don't like documenting much either. I'll just have to remember what I tell my daughter. You don't have to like it, you just have to be okay with it. Besides, not like I can do much about it anyway right?

No comments:
Post a Comment